by Hillary Clinton
(Click for Amazon book review)
Massscorecard.org BOOK REVIEW:
-- Jesse Gordon, editor-in-chief, Massscorecard.org, June 2014
| Massscorecard.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Energy & Oil|
Hillary Clinton: $100B per year by 2020 for climate change mitigation.
Families & Children|
Hillary Clinton: Our generation is blessed by extra years with aging parents.
Hillary Clinton: Political restraint against Iran's Ahmadinejad was a mistake.
Hillary Clinton: 2011: we abandoned Egypt's Mubarak too readily.
Hillary Clinton: 2012: Take a harder line with Russia's Putin.
Barack Obama: 2009: Chose Japan PM as first visitor to emphasize alliance.
Bill Clinton: 2009: Rescue mission to North Korea to free 2 US journalists.
Hillary Clinton: 2009: Chose Japan as first destination to emphasize alliance.
Hillary Clinton: Some world leaders are still misogynistic.
Hillary Clinton: China never fits neatly into category like friend or rival.
Hillary Clinton: 1998: organized women's peace conference in Northern Ireland.
Hillary Clinton: 2009: Northern Ireland shows any adversaries can make good.
Hillary Clinton: Push Russia on press freedom; they've killed 20 journalists.
Hillary Clinton: Idealistic realism: embody hybrid rather than categorizing.
Richard Nixon: 1972 China trip: "The week that changed the world".
Hillary Clinton: End the Cuban embargo; that will shift onus to Castros.
Hillary Clinton: Eastern Europe in NATO keeps Putin from moving beyond Crimea.
Hillary Clinton: Smart power: combine civil society & traditional diplomacy.
Hillary Clinton: Does US still have what it takes to lead? Yes!
Hillary Clinton: Distinguish inherited problems from new ones & opportunities.
Hillary Clinton: Dozens of Benghazi attackers had dozens of motives.
Hillary Clinton: Benghazi security was simply inadequate in a dangerous city.
Hillary Clinton: Benghazi talking points were written by CIA for Congress.
Hillary Clinton: Benghazi: focused on rescue & prevention, not retrospection.
Principles & Values|
Bill Clinton: Good Friday Agreement ended the Troubles in Northern Ireland.
Sarah Palin: Resounding response to 2008 nomination: "Who?".
Hillary Clinton: We survive trauma by people showing kindness.
Hillary Clinton: I have loved & been loved; all the rest is background music.
Hillary Clinton: Life is about making hard choices; so is governing.
Hillary Clinton: Making hard choices, I listened to both my heart and my head.
War & Peace|
Hillary Clinton: Don't demand complete moratorium on Israeli settlement.
Hillary Clinton: 2012: We helped Syrian rebels, but we should have done more.
Hillary Clinton: Putin wants to reassert Russia's dominance in its own areas.
Hillary Clinton: Putin's annexing Crimea plays outdated zero-sum game.
Hillary Clinton: I wanted to arm Syrian rebels, along with regional partners.
Hillary Clinton: I got it wrong on 2002 Iraq War vote.
The above quotations are from Hard Choices
by Hillary Clinton.
Related books, debates, and candidates:
BIASED AGAINST HILLARY:
- Friends in High Places, by Webb Hubbell (1997) - Insider's view of the Clinton governorship and presidency
- The Final Days, by Barbara Olson (2001) - exploration of actions at the end of the Clinton presidency
- The Extreme Makeover of Hillary (Rodham) Clinton, by Bay Buchanan (2007) - a well-written attack book, outlining all of Hillary's trouble spots, by Pat Buchanan's campaign manager.
- Condi vs. Hillary: The Next Great Presidential Race, by Dick Morris (2005) - the predicted race didn't happen, but still a good analysis by Bill Clinton's former adviser.
- Vast Right-Wing Conspiracy, by Amanda Carpenter (2006) - every possible "Swift-boating" is here.
- Partners in Power, by Roger Morris (1999) - anti-Hillary, anti-Bill, and anti-Democrat.
- Madame Hillary, by R. Emmett Tyrell (2004) - anti-Hillary from a moderate perspective.
- What Every American Should Know, by the American Conservative Union (2000) - anti-Hillary during her Senate run.