2012 Republican Party Platform
Click here for 37 full quotes from Republican Party in the book 2012 Republican Party Platform.
OR click on an issue category below for a subset.
| Massscorecard.org excerpts: (click on issues for details)
Support human life amendment; oppose abortion funding.
Budget & Economy|
Inflation is a hidden regressive tax.
Audit the Federal Reserve; bring more transparency.
Balanced Budget Amendment & super-majority for tax increase.
Shrink the FHA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
Constitutionally define marriage as one man & one woman.
World's highest corporate tax rate cripples job creation.
Criminals behind bars cannot harm the public.
Shift to community colleges and technical institutions.
No federal college loans; just insure private loans.
Energy & Oil|
Open ANWR and OCS for oil & gas development.
Conservation is a conservative value, but balance economics.
Transition to a post-Assad Syria and independent Lebanon.
Model foreign aid on Millennium Challenge Corporation.
Castro regime in Cuba is a state-sponsor of terrorism.
Restore presidential Trade Promotion Authority.
Countervailing duties against China on intellectual property.
Keep Electoral College; no national popular vote.
Repeal McCain-Feingold; no contribution limits.
Require photo ID to fight voter fraud.
No statehood for the District of Columbia.
Right to obtain and store ammunition without registration.
Repeal ObamaCare; it is an attack on our Constitution.
No aerial surveillance over US soil.
Privatize the TSA and end frisking.
Respond to proliferation of transnational terrorism.
National Military Strategy to deter rogue aggression.
Make E-verify mandatory nationwide.
Support employee ownership over union elites.
The best jobs program is economic growth.
Principles & Values|
Support prayer in public schools.
The GOP is the Great Opportunity Party.
Give workers control over their retirement investments.
Infrastructure via civil engineering, not social engineering.
Invest in cutting-edge cybersecurity technologies.
War & Peace|
Prevent Iran from building and possessing nuclear weapons.
Welfare & Poverty|
Religious charities foster benevolence and patriotism.
The above quotations are from 2012 Republican Party Platform.
Republican Conventions and Conferences:
- Republican Party Platform, Aug. 29, 2012
- Republican National Convention, Aug. 28-30, 2012
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 12-14, 2011
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 18-20, 2010
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 27-28, 2009
- Republican National Convention, Sept. 3rd-5th, 2008
- Conservative Political Action Conference, Feb. 7, 2008
- 2004 Republican Convention, in New York City, Aug. 30-Sept. 2, 2004
Democratic Conventions and Conferences:
- Democratic Party Platform, Sept. 4, 2012
- Democratic National Convention, Sept. 4-6, 2012
- Democratic National Convention, Aug. 26th-Aug. 28th, 2008
- Take Back America Conference, June 18-20 2007
- Take Back America Conference, June 13-15, 2006
- Take Back America Conference, June 2-3, 2005
- Democratic National Convention, July 24-27 2004
- MoveOn questionnaire, June 17, 2003
- Take Back America Conference, June 4-6, 2003